@admin make a sub folder and some type of fake folder for shopclues

Discussion in 'Online Sasta Issues/ Suggestions/ Updates' started by pooja11, Sep 3, 2014.

1. pooja11

pooja11 Active Member

Credit:
    this is my request to make fake folder for shopclues offers
    jo mere sath agree krte hai vo pls reply kre

juxik and admin like this.
  2. admin

admin Moderator Staff Member

Credit:
    This is very good suggestion... Even I see lot of deals from Shopclues which are actually not worth and only clutters our All Hot deals section..

We will surely try to work on this to ensure that it doesn't impact ur smooth browsing experience

3. Aryan

Aryan Well-Known Member

Credit:
    wake up in morning - open online sasta - go to hot deals for some exciting deal - 40-50 useless shopclues deals welcoming you.

and deal posters knowingly post these craps upto limit of credits they can earn in a particular day. I never saw any extra deal by such posters.

none of the deal is worth opening. none has guarantee or warranty. some are even danger for health due to quality of material used which a normal onlinesasta visitor might not be even aware of.

these deals don't attract enough members too. post a LG TV deal from snapdeal and yakamuta TV deal from shopclues both with 50% price difference still LG will have more page views because the actual money spender knows worth of his money.

request admin to please stop this unfair practice for earning credits. let os be clean and best place for excellent deals and not just crap roadside market maal.

usa11, Rd singh, Muthu15 and 5 others like this.
  4. sam4deals

sam4deals Well-Known Member

Credit:
    yeah posters should also care about quality of deal

5. admin

admin Moderator Staff Member

Credit:
    @Aryan - thanks for feedback... We will surely think something about it..

I'm thinking about implementing below system:-
    If deal is from shopclues store then user will not get any credits for it but if shopclues deal gets promoted to home page then user will get the credits... I guess this is fair system where we want to discourage shopclues store just because of the quality of the products... But there are some deals which are not dependent on brand... like shoe rack for say something about 100.. then these kinda deals can be promoted to home page and user will get credits for home page promotion... Even jaw dropping deals can be promoted to home page.. so such kinda deals will get credits if promoted to home page..

Let me know your views over it... Tagging other deal hunters to ask for their view:-
    @PrimeOS @Sandhya @minhas @Amolverma.9 @zaheen @nithin @PIEKEY @dealsonly

Muthu15 and osmod like this.
  6. Amolverma.9

Amolverma.9 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    I agree wid u (y)

ROHIT61194 likes this.
  7. PrimeOS

PrimeOS Well-Known Member

Credit:
    @Aryan
    I don't agree with a few of your points :)

1) In the first place we all try to post the deal as soon as it is released. How is one to judge the quality of the deal in those few seconds? The time factor just doesn't give us the opportunity to make a decision about the deal

2) I post a large number of ShopClues deals. I am yet to see or post a deal for Yakamuta TVs. ShopClues sells the same Micromax & Toshiba TVs seen on other sites

3) The fact that ShopClues deals do get views means that people are interested in such deals. From the deal title itself everyone can make out what the deal is. If you don't like it, you won't open it :)

4) I personally never buy anything from Snapdeal. They have one of the worst customer care staff around. In fact I would rather pay more offline and get peace of mind than buy from Snapdeal

5) I have had pleasant experiences with ShopClues. So long as you buy from the reputed merchants you don't have much to worry about. True, I've sometimes got non working products but these have always been replaced/refunded with return pickup provided
    At the same time I would never buy anything very expensive from ShopClues either. But they're fine for low value items. I would rather buy low value items from ShopClues than go to my local market and haggle with the shopkeeper to try & get it at the same price

The point I'm trying to make is that each one perceives a site and its deals differently. In the area in which you live items might be available for far lesser than those available at ShopClues. In the area in which I live, I find SC to be cheaper

Further, all sites are guilty of releasing some dud offers. If you look at Flipkart's deals of the day a few of the offers will be duds. Ditto for Amazon
    If you look at Snapdeal, 50% of the time they release dud offers in their deals of the day (the ones which come at 10 AM)

@admin
    If you're bothered about the amount that is paid out to thread posters why stop just at ShopClues?
    Why not stop it for all sites and provide 10/15/20 credits only for deals that get promoted to the home page
    Just a suggestion.
    If you stop credits for threads I think it would be fair to atleast double if not triple the rewards for a deal that gets promoted to the home page. You could do your calculations and see what's feasible based on your monthly outgo for "thread" payments
    Because, I also see users posting a lot of "dud" offers from other sites as well. When I say dud offers let me clarify that I find them useless but that does not mean they are useless to others
    And if you take 2 or more home page offers from the same thread I think each of them should get the 10/15/20 credits for the home page :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    usa11 likes this.
  8. lootbaba

lootbaba New Member

Credit:
    the suggestion looks good , whats your say @Ironman ;)

9. Ironman

Ironman Moderator Staff Member

Credit:
    @PrimeOS I know that you are quite attached with shopclues and the number of deals of shopclues you post really show your love towards it.

I am really stunned by this comment of yours :eek: . You mean to say you don't check the quality of the deal before posting :confused:.
    If everyone starts doing that, the hot deals section will become a dustbin for non-worthy deals and the buyers would face a lot of problems. Really this point is unacceptable by me.

I think nobody said that u posted Yakamuta Tv deal, It was just an example to show that people try to keep safe and prefer to spend few more bucks and get a quality product from flipkart, amazon etc rather than low quality cheap products from sites like shopclues.

It gets views as some deals like jaw dropping deals are sometimes too good to resist. People don't know without opening whether the deal is good or not and they need to open it to get to know.

I don't think we are discussing about snapdeal so i will make no comments regarding that.

Somebody has a good experience somebody does not. That happens with every site even flipkart and amazon. But a/c to my knowledge the experience with shopclues has not been good for atleast 70% people. In this case u lie on the 30% side but i believe that for a site to be trustable, the stats should be good like 10% non-satisfed and 90% satisfied which is the case with major e-retailers like amazon and flipkart.

The items may be cheaper at shopclues but most of the times fake items.

Have you ever noticed the mrps of shopclues. Do you think they are really correct??

Few days back a set of 10 mechanical pencils was listed for Rs 49 at shopclues with mrp being 299. I thought these would be good quality pencils but i was wrong. I got inferior quality pencils not worth even Rs 20 whereas i can easily get a good set of 10 mechanical pencils of classmate at Rs 90 from the market or from snapdeal. Although snapdeal is not that gud but they never list fake mrp prices and sell fake products.

I hope you note my comments and agreeing or disagreeing with them totally depends on you. I have just posted my views nothing else. You may like them or not. :)

Rd singh, osmod, Muthu15 and 3 others like this.
  10. Ironman

Credit:
    Have a look at my views ;)

11. PrimeOS

Credit:
    @Ironman
    Sure, everyone is entitled to their views :)

But I really don't know why you're surprised about the fact that I don't check the deals
    Does anyone do so?

People post the Infibeam & Flipkart deals (I do), the Amazon DOD (Ashwin does), the Snapdeal DOD (Sandhya & I do), 1-2 seconds after they are released on the site.
    I don't expect even Superman to judge in 1 second whether the deal is worthy or not :)

12. PrimeOS

Credit:
    @Ironman
    One more thing. I'm not really attached to ShopClues
    I see a deal on any site, check if it has been posted and post it right away
    I don't judge whether it is good or not. That's for the buyer to decide. I just present the deals

And so does almost everyone else whether they copy it directly from the shopping site or whether they copy it from some other deal site

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  13. Ironman

Credit:
    Those are daily deals and it has become a tradition to post them

14. PrimeOS

Credit:
    Exactly. I do the same thing for the ShopClues deals as well. These as released by the site on a daily basis too

15. PrimeOS

Credit:
    I agree with you that Flipkart (only WS Retail) & Amazon (Amazon fulfilled) are the only really 100% trustworthy sites

By that token we should ban* all the sites except these (*ban as in no points except HP points). That's why I went a step further and suggested only HP points (what you save in thread points can be used to increase the reward for HP points)

16. pooja11

pooja11 Active Member

Credit:
    now all agree if any disagree then reply

17. PrimeOS

Credit:
    I already disagreed :)
    We should remove thread posting points for all sites except Flipart (WS Retail) & Amazon (Amazon Fulfilled)
    And since it will be more cumbersome to do this selective filtering remove thread posting points for all sites and keep only HP points (which should be increased)
    If we don't have points for SC why should we allow points for sites like Dhamaal, Bhaap, 99Labels, Printvenue, Mobikwik, even Snapdeal (in 99% of cases they cancel all their "loot" offers, some of their regular offers are pretty useless too & don't even get me started on their customer support) & others? In my opinion many of these sites are far worse than SC

18. pooja11

pooja11 Active Member

Credit:
    lagta prince bhaiya tum ko shopclres se jayda pyar . ap jayda emotional ho gye

19. PrimeOS

Credit:
    Prince bhaiya?? :)

20. Laxman Rao

Laxman Rao Active Member

Credit:
    I agree