SAHARA Q SHOP : Impressed with Quality and overall though improvements needed in some areas

Discussion in 'Website Review' started by usa11, Jan 21, 2014.

1. usa11

usa11 Administrator Staff Member

Credit:
    www.saharaqshop.com

Have purchased many orders till now with Sahara Q Shop ( mostly through tradus or shopclues ) for their Super Saver Combos and overall satisfied with their Product Quality , reasonable prices and timely delivery. Would like to share some experiences.

Positives :
    Product Quality is really good of all Food items ( haven't ordered non food items so cannot comment )
    Delivery is normally 24-48 hours ( at least for Delhi )
    Prices are reasonable and can be real steal if can get discounts through their Saver Combos or buying GV's through discount at other sites and using them at Sahara.
    Purchased plenty of orders till now and never had any problems with wrong product or expired or part delivery.

Some areas where they need to improve :
    1) Delivery is done by their own staff. Once the delivery boy started asking me for money stating the order is COD when actually it was prepaid. His attitude was rude and started arguing when I told him to check with his office stating they leave their office after checking in advance. Upon my insistence , he called office but number was busy/no reply and I had to finally tell that he can go away with the goods but I will not pay anything as I already paid. He did left the goods but stated will come back if his office tells it was cod. I made an instant complain to shopclues by email ( with whom I placed this order ) and the very next day I received a call from Delhi Sahara office with a very personal apology and assurance that it will not happen again.
    They need to train their delivery staff well as they are the only ones coming face to face with the actual customers.
    2) I placed my first order directly through saharaqshop site using a Rs.1000 GV. After getting the 1000 deducted from the total Invoice and choosing credit card as payment , payment gateway failed stating as invalid merchant link. When I try to order again , it showed GV already used. Understandable till now as it can happen at times but most of the sites will either show the order unsuccessful and retry payment option or revalidate the GV soon on their own. But here , I sent daily emails to Sahara ( both their emails mentioned on site ) and called their customer service twice but nothing happened for 5-6 days. No replies for emails sent and CC at phone will just give assurance that the matter has been forwarded to the concerned department. My failed order at their site still showing as "Waiting for payment" but no option on how to make that payment !! Finally I sent them 1 email through tradus ( with whom GV was purchased ) and another through their facebook page. The very next day , I received a call from Delhi office ( Mr.Jogendra ) who was very apologetic , polite and helpful. He created same another order in my account on his own , waived approx Rs.25 ( which was coming after using 1000 GV ) and got it delivered to me within 24 hours. Such services make you feel like a valued customer but the question remains that what are their Customer service emails ( cc@saharaqshop.com and feedback@saharaqshop.com ) and telephone customer care for ?? If those wouldn't be giving any customer care , why are they mentioned at their site under Contact us ? If not for my final complaining , a pleasant experience ( at least in the end ) could have been turned into a pathetic one. They really need to improve upon their email and phone customer care.

All said , they are highly trustworthy Company selling excellent quality products at reasonable prices. Besides the above 2 bad ones , all my orders were smooth and wonderful experience. They are new in online sales and required improvements are not difficult to get. Will highly recommend to buy but choose cod as payment for the time being while ordering directly with them to avoid time waste.

2. warrior

warrior Well-Known Member

Credit:
    Good review !

Will sure try once :) (y)

3. usa11

Credit:

Thanks bro.
    They have limited cities now for delivery at the moment.
    Delhi
    Ghaziabad
    Gopalganj
    Gurgaon
    Hyderabad
    Jaipur
    Kanpur
    Lucknow
    Muzaffarpur
    Patna
    Pune
    Thane
    Vadodara

4. warrior

warrior Well-Known Member

Credit:
    Ohhh !
    Thanks for sharing info :)

5. Sasta

Sasta Well-Known Member

Credit:
    Sahara and trustworthy, both words can't be used together :p

warrior likes this.
  6. usa11

Credit:

well , so far so good for me. Will be making a new order soon :D

warrior likes this.
  7. yogesh899891

yogesh899891 Active Member

Credit:
    Heard about this website earlier too but was not aware that they are present in Delhi too...will check it out. :)
    Thanks for the review bro..!!

usa11 likes this.
  8. Sasta

Sasta Well-Known Member

Credit:
    From there store list available online, it seems they have franchised existing grocery shops.

9. usa11

Credit:

Just saw , Now they are giving some product samples at Re.1 ( though cheap items itself ) with ever order above Rs.600 from their site.

http://www.saharaqshop.com/shop/free-sample/c-818/

yogesh899891 likes this.
  10. Prince

Prince Well-Known Member

Credit:
    This is awesome deal

11. rakesh s.

rakesh s. Active Member

Credit:
    no doubt, some item quality is better than the regular grocery items, but i found very bad quality of special mogra basmati rice which pricing Rs. 255 for 5 kgs packet, but the actual quality was very upto mark. It seems that the rice is like regular which is available @ any grocery shops for not more than Rs. 35/- per kg, also the the desi ghee seems like very local one which doesn't have a smell of ghee also is full of liquid just like edible oil. The description is of the item which i received in my area i.e. Thane, quality in other areas for the same item i don't think is different.

12. Divaskiller

Divaskiller Member

Credit:
    awesome review sir :notworthy:
    would surely try this out
    any offers running for this site as you mentioned some 30% discount?

13. usa11

Credit:
    Thanks for the review bro.
    Quality should be same at all places. I do not have experience with Mogra Basmati but Ghee I ordered once , heard no complains from my wife.

30% was with shopclues earlier for new a/c's but not anymore as far as I know.
    For now , You can get Rs.200 off on their Rs.1000 GV's through Tradus if order from their APP and use coupon code APT200

14. rakesh s.

rakesh s. Active Member

Credit:

can use "Rs.200 off on Rs.1300 coupon:- SCHDFC20"

15. usa11

Credit:

yes , but to use 200 off on 1300 , will need to buy Rs.1500 GV
    Tradus is better as can get 200 off on 1000.

16. rakesh s.

rakesh s. Active Member

Credit:

tradus removed saharaqshop voucher, also they are charging 100/- shipping extra...

17. usa11

Credit:

oh , saw it just now.
    Ordered few days back and was free shipping as well.